My hCG is 6. I waited to go in and test till yesterday, hoping that a week and a half would have given it plenty of time to drop from 16. No such luck, I go back in on Monday. Major, boo hiss.
Trust me, I know I'm close, but 5 weeks to get my hCG down from a measly 179 seems a bit ridiculous.
Today is also a big day. In about an hour, I'll be calling CCRM and handing them over our savings for this donor cycle. It's all due before she starts stims which is next weekend. I didn't want to have any issues, so we're paying a week early.
Pretty anxious and nervous about how Goose will respond. Also nervous about fertilization. Dr. G swears we don't need ICSI. It's hard not to just want to go that route anyway, because it seems like that's the better fertilization rate. He says our fertilization rate should be the same, around 80%. I get it. I've asked a dozen times, and he still says he doesn't recommend ICSI for us, but we can always do rescue ISCI if needed. I should and (am trying) to trust my doctor that works with one of the best labs in the country. We went here for a reason. But still...I'm a gal with no eggs, and this is my best chance to get some, I don't want anything going wrong.
T started his three weeks of no caffeine or no alcohol. Especially with doing natural fertilization, he was told 3 weeks prior to retrieval, to stop both. The alcohol, while yes, he likes a good glass of wine or a crown and ginger here and there, was not AS stressed about giving up as his morning mocha lattes. (Well, and his afternoon ones as well) Poor guy was SO sleepy last night.
Lets be honest gals, for what we give up and put our bodies through...I'm not really feeling all that sympathetic! He can do it. I'm cheering him on and have promised no wine or vanilla chai's for me either these next several weeks that would rub it in. See, I am a good wife.
Everyone have a good weekend. Hopefully I have a good hCG report on Monday/Tuesday followed by a cycle day 1, finally!!
Goose starts stims in 9 days!!!