Relax & Rejuvenate
Thanks to a little Eat Love Procreate advise, I also got busy with my castor oil packs and picked up some EstroDIM. I even reduced myself to 5 days of drinking apple cider vinegar in my water. Not a fan, but hey, I'll do whatever at this point.
Down to Business
My husband and I spoke for a long time (over margaritas) about what to do about CCRM. I think I jumped the gun a bit on Friday, but I felt like, it's cycle day 2, I have to call or I'll lose my chance. That's okay, it got us to really look at the big picture. How many IVF cycles do we plan to try? How many could we try if we went to CCRM? How many could we do in Chicago? Because those are very different answers. Obviously CCRM is leaps and bounds more expensive than Chicago. They obviously have better stats. If my odds had been better with them when I had my phone consult, this may have been an easier decision. But they did not give me the great odds that they are known for. I have to remember that. So not only did we decide to put off the ODWU for now. We decided to put it off for several cycles. I won't say for good, because well...I've been known to change my mind. There really is no point in spending that much money for duplicate testing (maybe not all, but most) and not cycling there.
My RE has been amazing. My nurses have been amazing. So while, yes, my head tends to point me to CCRM every so often...my heart is with Chicago. I really feel like they want this to happen as badly as I do. I hear frustration and sympathy in their voices each time I speak with them. They are so incredibly kind and compassionate and I'm going to simmer down and stick with them as they have me.
The Fantastic News
I was not sure what would happen at my ultrasound today. However, if by some miracle I was ready, I would have to start injections tonight, so my meds were shipped on Saturday and they arrived today. Wow.
The great news...my insurance covered all but $850 of this mighty stash of drugs. This FLOORED me as I thought I was 100% out-of-pocket. Apparently I have some prescription benefits, which is awesome!! We may have just found our vacation fund.
The Shit News
You knew it was coming. My ultrasound today showed that my cyst went from 12.5mm to 11 mm. My estradiol went to 133, up from 123. My HCG even is not at 0. It's less than 5, but they want it less than 1. My progesterone was 2.6. I am not at an optimal place to move forward. I knew this. I've known this since Friday. It's not what I wanted to hear, but I also want this IVF cycle to have a good starting place, so...it is what it is.
I have 3 weeks off. No more blood draws, no more ultrasounds, no more waiting for nurses and doctors to call. I have 3 weeks of quiet. After the past couple months I'm unsure of what I'll do with myself. I guess I'll pull out the old BBT and OPK's and give this month an honest effort. What the hell, huh??
So my blog for the next 3 weeks will be about planting flowers, spring time weather and baby dancing.