Over the past few weeks I've been nominated by some of my sweet blogger friends, Aubrey, Well-Intentioned, Holly, and Kasey for the Sunshine Award and the Libster Award. Thanks ladies!! I know they probably thought I was ignoring them, but I wasn't...I kept track! I was so focused on our cycle that I couldn't put two sentences together that wasn't related to that. I tried to mix up questions from everyone.
But NOW...I've got nothing but time!! So let's do this!!
The rules are as follows:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
2. Link to the person who nominated you
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award
5. Link your nominees and let them know they've been nominated
1) If you had to choose one person, other than your significant other, to live with for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
That's easy, my sister. She's 10 years younger than me but I can't remember a moment since she was born that we haven't been super close. She's hands down one of my favorite people.
2) What do you do for work (I'm always curious to know what everyone does all day long)?
I work for an ad agency. Though sadly, I'm the lone "non-creative" person and I'm nothing like anyone on Mad Men. I'm the Controller, so I just handle the money and HR (crack the whip/party pooper, because no, you legally can't say that to your co-worker no matter how "creative" it sounds).
3) If you could choose any 1 person to spend a day with - dead or alive - who would you choose? What would you do?
I would most definitely pick my mother. I'll spend the rest of my life wishing I had just one more day with her. I wouldn't want to do anything but spend the day outside talking to her. Telling her what she meant to me and how much I loved her. I'd want to tell her about my wedding day and how happy I was, but it was bittersweet without her. I'd want to tell her about all the loss and heartache of our infertility. We'd laugh and we'd cry, most likely with my head on her lap and her playing with my hair. (I never did out grow that)
4) Who is your best friend?
Jill. Who would have thought when I met her more than 8 years ago that she'd become one of the most important people in my life. We're kindred spirits and we crossed paths for a reason. No doubt about it. Pretty sure I wouldn't have survived the past 5 years without her.
5) What would you say is the best piece of advice for someone who is just beginning their journey in the land of infertility?
That's such a tough one. I think I would tell people that decide to wait until their older to find out about your fertility at an earlier age. I think I'll always advocate that from here on out. I would say find a support system. Whether it's friends, family, forums or blogging. You need that. I also think you should never be afraid to challenge the doctors. They don't always know what is right for YOU. Sometimes that means a second, third or fourth consult. Always, always be your own advocate and educate yourself.
6) Are you a cat or dog person?
I love both. I grew up with both. But as an adult, I've only had cats. This little guy is a giant lump of love, and kind of a weirdo.
7. Do you have any tattoos and what are their significance?
I have 2. One I got right after my divorce when I was only 23. It's on my back (it's small) and has no significance other than it was me "moving on" at a difficult time of my life.
The other is a butterfly on my wrist. The main color is teal which is the color for Ovarian Cancer. I got it the summer my mother was ill.
8. Where did you come up with the name of your blog? This intrigues me?
When I first started TTC, every other day they were talking about the celebrity "baby bump" watch. That was how I chose "hoping for a baby bump".
9. Why do you blog, and will you continue to blog when (I'm being positive for ALL of you!!) you get pregnant/have a baby(ies)?
I would love to continue blogging. I started this blog because I wanted an outlet. Just to be able to get my feelings out because very few people in "real life" know or at least knew of my struggles at that time. I still keep my blog mainly private to only a few people that know me. Those that do know me and read my blog, have also struggled with infertility and understand the sensitivity in which I write about. I do hope to continue blogging. It's become very therapeutic for me. I hope that my topic isn't always about loss and grief, but rather happiness and fun...so yes, my goal is to be able to move my blog into a "pregnancy" blog one day.
10. How did you and your husband meet?
I actually married very young to my high school sweetheart. That marriage was over by the time I was 23 because of drugs, alcohol and cheating. Not many fond memories of those times. However, when I sold the home I had with my ex-husband, I moved into an apartment over Trevor. A few "spottings" and run-ins at the pool and guess who knocked on my door one Friday night!? That was 12 years ago!! We dated for 10 years before finally tying the knot!
OK, here are the bloggers whom I've nominated for the Sunshine Award:
1. Amanda at Genuine Greavu
2. Sarah at Where the Heart is
3. Heidi at Hidden Infertility
4. Em at Teach Me to Braid
5. Erin at The Gypsy Mama
6. Emily at Eat Love Procreate
7. Mrs. Lost at Where is that Bird
8. Sara at The Baby Games
9. JoJo at JoJo's Infertile World
10. Augusta at All In One Basket
So sorry if I duplicated anyone!!
My questions for you all of you:
1) Was there a particular moment in your infertility journey that made you realize that you wanted/needed to start blogging?
2) What was your favorite vacation spot ever?
3) What food could you never live without?
4) If you could spend one day with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be? Why? What would you do?
5) Favorite article of clothing?
6) We have so many tears through IF...do you have a REALLY funny moment that you've shared with your husband through all of this? (Here's mine Tears, Laughter, 180 miles and Little Friday Humor)
7) Your child's 16th birthday present...a new car or a nicely wrapped stack of fertility bills and bus pass??
8) What one thing would you go back and tell your 20 year old self?
9) You are going on a trip and lose your suitcase. What one item are you going to replace first the second you get where you're going!?
10) What is the best part of blogging your IF journey?
Feel free to answer any questions in the comments if I missed you!!!
Awww, I love how you and T met! And you and your little sis are like twins - both beautiful :)!ReplyDelete
Cute "how you met your hubby" story!ReplyDelete
I too love your how you met your hubby story! I was engaged very very young and while we never got married officially when we separated it was much like a divorce. I met my husband in much the same fashion :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the nomination sweets! And of course, I'm crying at your #3. You are like Oprah...always making people cry! haha!ReplyDelete
I loved learning more about you. You are such a doll through and through :)
Yay, well deserved!!! Happy sunshine award!! Cute way that you met your hubby and how gorgeous are you and your sister!!!ReplyDelete
Your mom was so beautiful... to hear you talk about her, even I want to meet her! Sounds like a pretty special lady! Thanks for the nomination! Love you friend!ReplyDelete
Yay!! You are so loved! We all love reading your journey and its amazing how emotionally connected we become. I have cried outloud and cheered outlead from your blog! Congrats on the sunshine!ReplyDelete
yay! Youre so sweet. (I would say that even if I wasn't nominated (: ) I got tears in my eyes when I read the answer about your mom. I always say there is nothing in this world I wouldn't give up for 10 more minutes with my Dad. Except the ability to have a child, that one I want more than anything. I miss him as I'm sure you miss your mom. They're watching us right now, telling us to hang in there because our time is coming. XOXOXO HUGS!ReplyDelete
Okay, wiping tears reading about you and your mom. I love reading these because I feel like I learn so much about everyone. I'm glad you turned to blogging as an outlet and I "met" you. :)ReplyDelete
You are such a sweet person, I loved all your answers! Thanks for the nomination too, I need some blogging inspiration :)ReplyDelete
I am still sending you tons of good vibes and looking forward to an update!