I'm way past due for an update. I felt like the news was so up and down it was hard to blog about it because the next day, it changed...and then changed again. So I waited.
I'll start with my regroup with Dr. G last Tuesday. He was feeling really positive about the cycle after the slow start. Even went as far as saying he was thinking we'd get 15-16 eggs. Wha?!? So different that what the nurses had been saying.
But then...on Thursday, the nurse that called with the update, was not feeling good about it. There had been little change from Tuesday, the follicles seemed, stalled. She even still said the cycle could be cancelled. This completely threw me because it was so different that what Dr. G had told me. She said that her next check would be Saturday and then they'd have an idea of what would happen. She said that I wouldn't get an update and only get a call if they cancelled or if Goose was going to trigger.
So all day yesterday I waited. Waited for the phone to ring...or not ring. I knew based on the sizes on Thursday that a trigger was unlikely yesterday.
However, as we sat watching Sunday football, my phone rang and CCRM popped on my screen. My heart stopped. Which would it be? Cancel? Trigger?
Goose is TRIGGERING TONIGHT!!!
The nurse said that while she was certainly "pokey", it seems she's come along in the end. Here was the potential contenders:
Left - 23, 23, 22, 18, 18, 16
Right - 18, 17, 16, 16, 15, 14, 14
I'm hoping that those 14's can maybe plump up just enough by Tuesday morning. T flies to Denver tomorrow and returns on Tuesday.
I can't believe this is (actually) finally happening. So thank you for all the well wishes, prayers and Go Goose dances you sent my way this past week. Maybe just a few more for good measure? That Goose has a successful retrieval and that we then can have a good fertilization report.
Something else the nurse made a point to tell me. Goose is very sweet. She said it was the first time she had met her, and she really wanted me to know how sweet and kind she was. It made my heart soar just to hear that. I thanked the nurse, for telling me.
As far as me and my body and where I stand, it's still going to be a struggle. After stopping my bcps and having a negative hCG 3 weeks ago, I've had no period. I went in for an ultrasound and labs last week to see where I was in my cycle.
Cyst (small) in each ovary
Fluid in my uterus
E2 - over 300
p4 - 1.5
LH - elevated
So basically, I'm all over the place. My lining is so thin, it's not surprising that I haven't had a period. However, my hormones indicate something completely different. Yesterday I was instructed to do a shot of Progesterone in Oil (OUCH!) and hopefully that will help to bring on a luteal phase. I may or may not bleed, but hopefully my levels can get to a point that we can start the mock cycle later this week. Here's hoping!
Big week for us. I'm nervous, excited and scared. It all comes down to this.