Do you ever sometimes want to cry and laugh at the same time. Cry because, well, the situation sucks. Laugh, because, well, I should have known things would just continue to get worse before they get better. I mean...what is rock bottom?? Surely...I'm there.
This post is going to make no sense. It makes no sense in my head, so please bear with me.
I posted on Wednesday that my E2 had gone back up so Tuesday was my last birth control pill. When I spoke with my doctor, he assumed I'd get my period over the weekend and we'd do a baseline on Monday. Well, it definitely arrived yesterday, making it cycle day one. So I was told I could go in this morning for the baseline and blood work. I knew that chances were I have a cyst and that's been causing the crazy estradiol numbers and surely they hadn't come down that much since Wednesday. But, in I went.
I was able to find out before I left that the ultrasound showed the following:
Right Ovary - 12.5mm, 9mm
Left Ovary - 4.6mm
I knew at that point, this cycle was toast. No way I had follies that big on cycle day 2!! I knew I wouldn't get confirmation on the blood work from my doctor until this afternoon, so in the meantime, I got a little idea. There is no way, I'm going to sit and twiddle my thumbs for ANOTHER month. No way, no how. What I can do, is schedule my ODWU with CCRM. That way, I could get all my tests ran, still decide to stick with Chicago if I want for one IVF, maybe not, but regardless, my testing would be done. Because if Chicago failed, we were heading out to Denver anyway.
So, I pulled the trigger. ODWU is next Friday. All I wanted to do was to wait for my RE to call to confirm what I suspected to book my flights.
They just called. The RE's notes said "No baseline, repeat Monday".
I could tell that last night when I told them I was on cycle day one, they were a little skeptical that I would already have started. So are they thinking it isn't a true cycle day 2 baseline? I can confirm with anyone interested that this has been the heaviest 2 days that I've had in 6 months, so for me, there is no doubt. So, if I have a cycle day 5 baseline, is it really possible that those size follies/cysts whatever they are will go DOWN during the early follicular phase?? I would think that no matter what it will be to late to begin stimming. Am I wrong?
I did send my RE an email asking for some major clarification. I need to decide whether I book flights to Denver or not...still leaning towards it. The more information I can get the better at this point.
So I guess I need some advise, opinions, first hand knowledge, or maybe I just need a drinking buddy because of the ridiculousness of it all???